Retirement-resources to Create a Healthier, Happier Retirement
The publications listed as retirement-resources on this page were used as reference for
this web site. These retirement-resources are listed here to provide
guidance for you to make positive lifestyle changes to improve your
health and retirement experience. The information provided in these
publications is timely, relevant, and highly recommended.
Good health needs to be a top priority for all of us. Our
goal should be to Make learning about wellness and health a priority and commit to studying these retirement-resources.
Some life circumstances with which we have to deal are the result
of personal choices and some are the result of environmental factors
beyond our control. But many of these circumstances can be managed by
recognizing them and developing a plan to cope with them. But developing
a viable plan requires knowledge based on retirement-resources
available to us.
are not a normal part of aging. With the possible exception of
environmental toxins risk factors for chronic diseases are lifestyle
choices. The responsibility is ours to choose a lifestyle that meets our
individual health needs.
A happy retirement, at least in my view, is first dependent on our relationship with God.
Following in order of importance is the condition of our health and
then our finances. We make our own choices in life and to a great degree
we are where we are and what we are as a result of choices that we made
along the way. What we choose now will make a big difference in the
quality of the rest of our lives.
Take Control of Your Life and Your Retirement by:
- Being a proactive, participating member of your health care team.
- Making learning about wellness and health a priority.
- Committing to read selected books from the following retirement-resources.
- Applying what you learn to your lifestyle.
- Learning to shift your focus from what you don’t have to what you do have. Stay positive and laugh easily.
- Learn to manage the stress
in your life. Stress management techniques including meditation are
very effective in helping to protect our brain and emotional health.
- Learn to avoid anxiety as anxiety contributes to stress, which can have a negative impact on both brain and heart health.
- Staying connected with friends and relatives and by making new
friends. Share these retirement-resources with friends and relatives.
- Stay active in your community and physical life and above all don’t become a couch potato.
- And finally be at peace with everyone. That means forgive those whom you think may have hurt or wronged you.
Helpful retirement-resources web sites:
Although Moses was one hundred and twenty years old when he died, his eye was not dim, nor his vigor abated. Deut. 34:7
References and Suggested Reading List:
- Russell L. Blaylock, MD, Health and Nutrition Secrets that can save your life, Health Press.
- Russell L. Blaylock, MD, Excitotoxins: The Taste that Kills., Heath Press, 1997.
- Russell L. Blaylock, MD, Natural Strategies for Cancer Patients., Kensington Publishing Corp, Heath Press, 2003.
- Ridha Arem, MD, The Thryoid Solution, Rodale.
- William Sears, M.D., Prime Time Health, Little, Brown & Company.
- Richard L. Becker, D.O., Foundations for Healing, Brio Print
- Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D., From Fatigued to Fantastic, Avery
- Robert D. Willix, M.D., Age Proofing – 7 simple steps to super vitality at any age, Real Health Books
- Stephen T. Sinatra, MD et al., Heart sense for Women, Your plan for natural prevention and treatment, Penguin Putman Inc.
- Stephen T. Sinatra, MD, The Sinatra Solution, Metabolic Cardiology, Basic Health Publications
Stephen T. Sinatra, M.D. and Jonny Bowden, PH.D, C.N.S.,
The Great Cholesterol Myth, Why lowering
your cholesterol won’t prevent heart disease and the statin free plan that
will. Fair Winds Press, 2012.
- Mary G. Enig, Ph. D, Know Your Fats: The complete primer for understanding the nutrition of fats, oils, and cholesterol, Bethesda Press, 2000, 2013.
- David Perlmutter, M.D., Grain Brain, The Surprising Truth About Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar -- Your Brain's Silent Killers. Little, Brown and Company, 2013.
- Pamela Wartian Smith, MD, MPH, What you must know about Women’s Health, Square One Publishers.
- Pamela Wartian Smith, MD, MPH, What You Must Know About Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs, & More: Choosing the nutrients that are right for you.
Patrick Quillin, PhD, RD,
CNS. "Beating Cancer with Nutrition." Nutrition Times Press, 1994.
- Deepak Chopra, MD, Ageless Body, Timeless Mind, Harmony Books, 1993.
- Clinton Ober et al., Earthing, The most important health discovery ever?, Basic Health Publications.
Michelle Schoffro Cook,
DNM, DAc, "The Ultimate pH Solution," Harper Collins, 2008.
- Robert Abel, Jr., MD, The Eye Care Revolution, Kensington Publishing Co.
- Bridget Doherty, Julia Van Tine, and the editors of Prevention Healing Books for Women, Growing Younger, Breakthrough Age-Defying Secrets for Women, Rodale.
- Selene Yeager and the Editors of Prevention, the Doctors Book of Food Remedies, Rodale.
Null, PhD, Healing with Magnets, Carroll & Graf Publishers, Inc.
McDermott, PhD, Magnetic Therapy Facts, Ancient Medicine to Space Age
Technology, Scott & McDermott Publishing.
George M. Halpern, MD,
PhD, Healing Mushrooms, Square One Publishers, Garden City Park, NY
Kevin Trudeau, "Natural
Cures, They don't want you to Know About," Alliance Publishing Group,
- Mary Lou Heiss et al, The Story of Tea, A Cultural History and Drinking Guide.
- Michael Harney, The Harney and Sons Guide to Tea
- Nadine Taylor, Green Tea.
- Diana Rosen, The Book of Green Tea
- Yvonne Oswald, Every Word Has Power, Switch on Your Language and Turn on Your Life, Beyond Words Publishing.
Edward C. Smith, The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible, Second
Edition, Storey Publishing.
- Bret Kitchen and Ethan Kap, Safe Money Millionaire, Morgan James Publishing
- Joel Osteen, Every Day a Friday, How to be happier 7 days a week, Faith Words, Hachette Book Group.
- Charles Stanley, In Step with God, Understanding His ways and Plans for your life, Thomas Nelson Inc.
In the end it's not the years in your life that count but the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln
Return to home page from retirement-resources
If you found this page useful, please give it a LIKE and share it with someone you care about.